High Blood Pressure:
- Olive Leaf Extract. 500-1500 mg daily.
- Grapeseed Extract 150-500 mg daily.
- Magnesium Glycinate. 500-3000 mg daily.
- Omega3 or Krill Oil. 1000- 3000 mg daily.
- Multivitamin according to your methylation type.
- Co Q10.
- Vitamin E .Mixed tocopherols and mixed tocotrienols. 50-400 iu.
- Reduce salt intake if too high. Use only Himalayan salt. Cut back on sodium. Examples of high salt foods are: cheese, olives, stock cubes, salty crisps, salty biscuits, soy sauce, salami, marmite and bacon/salty meats.
- Eat high potassium foods, spices and herbs. eg chia and pumpkin seeds, almonds, beetroot and beet juice, fish, beans, lentils, garlic, green vegetables, banana, purple potato, kiwis, watermelon, chocolate/cacao, celery, spinach, avocado plums peaches, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, baby marrow, potato and sweet potato.
- Reduce stress and cortisol levels. Overcome victim mentality.
- Calcium Glycinate or Citrate.
- Vitamin D.
- Herbs: hawthorn berries or flowers, lime blossoms, valerian, balm/melissa, yarrow, rosemary, passiflora, mistletoe, scullcap, rauwolfia, basil, cinnamon, cardamom, celery seed, dasha(salvia miltiorrhiza), hibiscus, cats claw.Essential Oils: ylang ylang, geranium, French and normal lavender and clary sage.
- Oregano capules.
- Walk, run, exercise, yoga, tai chi, qi gong, cycle, jog.
- Reduce Weight.
- Potassium deficiency.
Remember that high blood pressure is just a symptom of something deeper gone wrong. I would be careful to check out the causes before trying to get rid of it. It may be caused by deficiencies in nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, calcium, vitamin D and a whole lot more. It may be caused by stress and its effects on the adrenal glands. It may be due to high homocysteine. Metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance can result in blood sugar problems, weight gain, excessive appetite, high triglycerides, high LDLs , low HDLs and various other problems including high blood pressure. There is a world wide epidemic of metabolic syndrome at present. Blood pressure problems can be caused by hardening and narrowing of the arteries. Here are some other possible causes of high blood pressure: sleep deprivation, sleep apnea, chronic kidney problems, adrenal tumors, thyroid problems, a genetic tendency/family tendency, anxiety, depression, diabetes, high cortisol and Cushing Syndrome, spider bites, headaches, migraines, hypothermia, age, hormone changes in women, allergies, caffeine/energy drinks/guarana/bitter orange, chronic alcohol use, liver problems, illegal drugs-cocaine-amphetamines-steroids, many medications including pain medications, anti depressants, hormone birth control pills, decongestants(cold medications containing pseudo ephedrine), immuno supressants and stimulents like ritalin. I have had patients tell me that the only warning that they had cancer developing was high blood pressure.
So never take any problem and treat it in isolation. Health needs to be seen in a holistic way. People who treat their blood pressure, headaches and blood sugar problems with any kind of medication can run into the polypharmacy problem where one medication is effecting the other and the body is very confused by the bombardment of medications.